On this day in 1959, Hawaii became the 50th state of the union with President Eisenhower's executive order. Ten years later, THE BRADY BUNCH premiered on ABC, becoming an American staple of a blended family. Kieran Kramer adds a Regency Twist with her new series, The House of Brady. Book 1, LOVING LADY MARCIA, will be available next week for your reading pleasure. In the mean time, let's play Eight Degrees of Separation in honor of the eight Hawaiian islands and eight members of the Brady Bunch:
1. The Brady Bunch kicked off Season Four with a visit to Hawaii that spanned three episodes. In Episode One, Bobby finds a tiki statue and the family is cursed. In Episode Two, Vincent Price made a guest appearance as an archaeologist.
2. Vincent starred as Sir Walter Raleigh in THE PRIVATE LIVES OF ELIZABETH AND ESSEX.
3. Sir Walter Raleigh served as the Captain of the Yeoman of the Guard.
4. Another notable Captain of the Yeoman of the Guard was the Marquess of Clanricarde, an Irish peer during the Regency Era.
|Yeoman of the Guard|
5. Kieran Kramer adds a fictional title to the Irish peerage - the Marquess of Brady, the father of Lady Marcia.
6. In the opening scene of LOVING LADY MARCIA, Marcia meets her future love, Duncan Lattimore, en route to her family's seat in Dublin, Ireland.
7. Perhaps the later generations of the Brady Family hosted Hawaii's last monarch, King Kalakaua, who visited Ireland in 1881.
8. Kieran Kramer makes a virtual visit to Hawaii to giveaway a swag package to one randomly selected commenter to celebrate LOVING LADY MARCIA:
Marcia gets schooled…
Of the three Brady sisters, Lady Marcia has always seemed the girl most likely to lead a perfectly charmed life. But after a handsome cad breaks her heart, she swears off love and devotes her life to teaching girls at a private school. In spite of her family’s wish for a London debut, Marcia is happy where she is—until terrible news sends her back to the Brady clan…and into the arms of an unexpected suitor.
On the subject of love.
A dark and dashing earl who knows Marcia’s past, Duncan Lattimore is surprised by what a fascinating and independent woman she’s become. Marcia, too, is surprised—by the fiery attraction she feels for Duncan. But why—why—must he be the brother of the scoundrel who broke her heart? Why must Marcia’s rival at school forbid her from seeing him? How can this lady possibly resist this fellow—when they know that it’s much more than a hunch…?
|Die Siickerin by Franz Xaver Simm|
The swag includes:
1 Loving Lady Marcia pink pen
1 Loving Lady Marcia wine charm
1 Loving Lady Marcia Bookmark
1 Impossible Bachelors bookmark
1 signed bookplate
1 sticky notes pad
1 set of Impossible Bachelors RTCs
1 Loving Lady Marcia RTC
To enter the giveaway,
1. Leave a comment about road trips - have any interesting stories to share?
On our flight home from RWA in Anaheim, we sat next to a French speaking pilot from Tahiti. We chatted his recent visit to Paris. I was just glad to have an extra pilot on board!
2. This giveaway is open to residents of the US and Canada.
3. Comments are open through Saturday, August 25, 10 pm in Hawaii. I'll post the winner on August 26.
Kim in Hawaii
To learn more about Kieran and her books, including excerpts for LOVING LADY MARCIA, check out her website at kierankramerbooks.com.